Sunday, July 29, 2007

The World's Easiest Sofa

The last time we went to Paris, my niece Heather was with us.

We rented a very nice one-bedroom apartment that had this sofa in the living room.
 


It's actually a single bed with upholstered cushions and a matching loose cover. Comfortable to sit on and easy to set up for sleeping.

When we moved into our current apartment, we were low on furniture, but I did have a foam mattress that I thought might do.

I bought a second-hand solid door for the base. The legs are made from lengths of threaded pipe.

The "upholstery" is a cotton drop cloth. It looks light and summery, but wrinkles up a bit as soon as someone sits down. If you like a tidier appearance, I'd recommend upholstery-weight fabric.

A bunch of cushions along the back and I have a big, sprawly, incredibly cheap sofa.

 

I'll be away tomorrow. We'll be visiting family in Windsor. But next week, I'll be sharing my make-over ideas for my hallway. It's a dark, narrow, "impossible" space... Stay tuned!

No comments: