Thursday, August 16, 2007

Motivation

I finished this little project today. It was one of a series of collages I did a few years ago. I like the look of his face and think he'll be very happy at our side door, holding our keys.

Sometimes I like my art to have a practical purpose. Or maybe I like the practical stuff to look nice. Either way, it's always good to see a friendly face as you go about your day.

Sometimes, on a big project, you need to have some piece of the finished product to motivate you. Once I get the downstairs hallway painted, I'll be able to hang him up.

I must admit, I'm not feeling terribly ambitious at the moment. We may have celebrated the completion of the studio apartment just a tiny little bit too much last night.

I hope you're feeling OK, Fiona!

2 comments:

Lynn said...

I am so glad that I found your blog the other day. I like what you did with the bread pans over the commode! Will that part of the bathroom always be narrow?

Barb McMahon and Alan Mailloux said...

That's so nice! I'm glad you found it too!

The bathroom will stay narrow for now. The new tenant picked up her keys yesterday. She's happy with the place, though we all agree, it's definitely an apartment for one!