Friday, November 2, 2007

It Works on Ceramic Tile, Too!

Janet wondered if it's possible to paint a ceramic tile floor.

Yes it is, and I have the pictures to prove it!

This is the bathroom in the house my parents bought in 1971. When they moved in there were some uglies that needed replacing. The foil wallpaper in the living room was the first to go.

But they looked at this tile, blinding though it was (these pictures do not do it justice, believe me) and said, "It's in really good shape. Let's leave it till it wears out."

Thirty-five years later, it looked exactly the same! Scary.

I wanted to erase as much of the turquoise as I could without actually replacing the tile. So I painted the floor, the side of the tub, the bathroom counter and a few strategic wall tiles.


It didn't make me love the room, but at least I didn't feel like I was being stabbed in the eye everytime I walked in there. We were living with/looking after my Mum at the time. Life was stressful enough.


The paint held up really well. I followed the same steps I described yesterday for the vinyl floor. In fact, that procedure works on anything. Even the countertop (faux marble formica!) lasted well.

No comments: