Saturday, December 15, 2007

Have Yourself A Rusty Little Christmas

We weren't going to do a Christmas tree this year. We often skip it if we aren't hosting a big Christmas party. And this year we couldn't get it together to do that. Bad, disorganized blogger....
But when you spot a rusty, abandoned tomato cage in the basement, and you're me, well...

Let's just say inspiration strikes at the oddest times.

The decorations are my collection of salt and pepper shakers. They're fun to collect, but I don't want to look at them all year long.


You'll have to trust me when I say that it looks much more festive when lit.

Well, don't we all?

5 comments:

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

Ah, I like it! Great use of things you already have around.

xo

margaret atkinson said...

i really, really dig it! so very much fun to check in on your blog every day, barb. you are awesome! and enjoy not having to do the big xmas shindig... :)

Janet said...

Barb,
Is that a church across the way? I love the Gothic windows.

Janet

Jennifer said...

Hi Barb. I love it -- and it's perfect in the window!

Barb McMahon and Alan Mailloux said...

Thanks, everyone! I'm glad you like it!