Monday, January 21, 2008

Serendipity

Since deciding to open my shop, I've found it interesting to see what treasures I can let go and what gets under my skin and makes me want to keep it.

I found this in some junk shop or other. I don't really know what it is. Shotglass holder, maybe? A holder for shaving accoutrements? Who knows? I like it because it has a nice patina and I like the weight of it. So even though it had no apparent use for me, it never quite made it into the shop.

Then for Christmas, friends of ours gave us these tea-light holders and I thought, hmmm....


A perfect fit!

Not that I'm advocating holding onto things. Or at least, not TOO many things!

4 comments:

Tara said...

This looks great, I wouldn't have thought of it--I was thinking condiments but your idea is much more interesting!

Barb McMahon and Alan Mailloux said...

"Condiments" was our other idea...

Anonymous said...

I think this was originally a holder of office-type rubber stamps.

But I could be wrong...

Barb McMahon and Alan Mailloux said...

Hmmmmm....