Thursday, May 31, 2007

Something Pretty


Sometimes buying second-hand takes a lot of thought and imagination and sometimes the items seem to jump into your arms.


I found these old sap buckets at the auction, five of them, all stacked together. I loved the contrast of the rust against the soft blue of the paint. The price was right, so I scooped them up, hoping I'd be able to get them unstacked once I brought them home.


It took two of us, but we managed to get them apart.


At that point, I just thought they were pretty and would have been happy hanging them on a wall as an art piece. The fact that they're water-tight expanded the possibilities enormously. Now they can hold big bunches of cut flowers or be pressed into dinner service as ice buckets.


Pretty and useful - my favourite combination for "stuff"!

No comments: