Friday, July 27, 2007

Bragging! (a little..)

Now that my shop is open and things seem to be settling in, I find I have time for activities more creative than scrubbing (though I still do plenty of that).

I had actually envisioned this place as a sort of workshop/showroom where people could come and watch the crazy lady glueing bits of paper to every available surface.

Not a lot of people visiting while I work just yet, but that will come eventually.

In the meantime, here's what I finished up today:



These are key (or leash or jewelry) hooks made from some scrap wood with pages from an old grade school reader glued on.

I fell in love with the images and the goofy stories. Been making a lot of cards from the same book.


And I'm calling this a post-modern globe for people who don't really care where they are.

I bought a box of letters at the auction awhile back. That and a collection of maps and this piece just sort of made itself!

No comments: