Thursday, August 9, 2007

Customers Serve Us



I love customers. And not just because they occasionally buy something (though that does come in handy when it's time to pay some bills).

No, what I genuinely love about my customers is that they have such great ideas.

I write little explanations on luggage tags for some of the items in my shop. It's sort of a way for the things to introduce themselves. They say where they've come from, what they're good at and what they might like to do next.

I think I'm pretty good at coming up with these suggestions. This desk, for instance, could help with homework, or, with the addition of a mirror, could help you get ready for a night on the town. I even suggested it might like to live in a corner of the living room and spend the next several years serving drinks.

Last week one of my customers came in, read the label and said, "Or in a laundry room..."

Now why didn't I think of that?

No comments: