Friday, September 7, 2007

Just Give Me Two Ugly Coffee Tables and a Saw!!

When I started doing this, I envisioned being inundated with great websites to recommend and, probably more junk reclamation/funky home decor info than I could ever possibly fit into one little site.

It hasn't exactly turned out that way. But every so often I come across a great idea that I didn't have to make up myself! Today was a real bonanza.

First of all I found this great idea over on Happy Mundane for home-made shelving. Now, the story is about a design from Umbra, but I could so easily do it myself. You know what I'll be eyeing next Tuesday!

And then, I saw this story on Remodelista about garden stools made from stumps. Of course, I'm thinking "People actually pay for these things?!!?" But I guess not everyone feels as comfortable dragging old tree limbs out of ditches and throwing them in the back of their car as I do. Can't think why...

And over at the ever-wonderful Desire to Inspire there's a post on this table on Etsy. And it's like this guy, this Encantado has reached into my head. Because this is totally what I have in mind for my eventual new dining room table, only bigger and with bed springs instead of a gate and family-heirloom iron legs instead of casters, but the basic idea's exactly the same and this is the sort of thing we all want to see more of, isn't it??????

Now a site that consistently thrills me with great ideas for things-you-can-do-at-home is Ikeahacker. I wrote about her here. And was thrilled to see that she's getting the recognition she deserves with a story in the New York Times. You can read it here and see a slideshow of great ideas here

Hope you have as much fun with these as I did!

No comments: