Sunday, September 30, 2007

Book Review: The Thrifty Decorator


I bought this book years ago, and return to it again and again for great, inexpensive decorating ideas. Though some of the projects are dated (does anyone do rag-rolling these days?), others, like the basic paint how-to's and cheap alternatives to wallpaper are still quite fresh(hello, kraft paper!)

The step-by-step instructions for such projects as painting a chequerboard floor make me want to give it a try.

Chapter Headings are: The Thrifty Formula; Walls; Floors; Windows; Furniture and Storage; Chair Covers adn Cushions and Finishing Touches. In other words, how to pretty much do over the house and still have money left to actually live.


All in all, I would recommend this one if you need a good, basic reference book.

If you'd like to buy it, just click the picture in the right-hand column....

1 comment:

Anna @ D16 said...

How funny, I completely forgot about that book. I remember buying it years ago, and at the time it seemed like the only decor book that celebrated the combintation of old and new, and of renovation without total destruction. I haven't cracked it open in ages, but I think I will tonight. Thanks for the reminder!