Thursday, November 22, 2007

A Very Early Project

I don't have anything new to report today, so I thought I'd dig through my archives and show you a house fix-up I did back in the early '90's.

This was a little house that Alan and I bought when he was still going to Chef School.

It was a little under 900 square feet and probably my favourite of all our houses. There was just something about the light that came in through the windows.

Here are some before and afters of the kitchen. We didn't do any structural work, just freshened it up on a really tight budget.






I'll have more tomorrow. In the meantime, if anyone can tell me how to put my pictures side by side on the page, I'd be really, really grateful!!

Of course, then I might have to give up my title as Dumbest Blogger on the internet.....

Oh! And those of you who like contests: We're celebrating our First Blogiversary over at Pannifer's Food and Such. If you leave a comment there, I'll enter you to win a copy of our eCookbook, "Autumn Dinner Recipes".

Wishing a Very Happy Thanksgiving to all my American friends!

4 comments:

kimmomofnine said...

I remember that house and I loved it, loved it, loved it!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Love the vintage wallpaper and the cabinet hardware in that third picture. The cabinets are so much better than those open shelves. Less clutter!! Good Job!

Janet said...

Well, I tried the right/left thing once and ended up with a mess. I think my space isn't wide enough to go side to side. Despite all the help you have given me, I can't help you...sorry!!
Janet

Barb McMahon and Alan Mailloux said...

It was a nice house!

and Janet, thanks for the thought. I'm sure once the tryptophan wears off someone will be by with a suggestion or two....