Friday, November 23, 2007

Well This Is a Little Embarrassing....

I published yesterday's post without marking the "befores" and "afters". Patrice left a comment that clearly indicates she likes what were actually the "befores" better.

Bedroom - Before

But, you know what? I think she's right. If I had it to do over again, I'd keep the cupboard doors (and those handles!) and lose most of the clutter.

Bedroom - After

But it was the early 90's, I was much younger than I am now and.... uhhhh.... tastes have changed.

Dining Area - After

It's got me thinking of the bigger picture though. I mean, how much of the decorating that we do is for change and how much can actually be said to be an improvement (asks the woman who's just spent the better part of two weeks repainting an entire apartment)?


Front Foyer - Before

Does anybody else wonder about these things, especially with so many worries about the environment out there? Even with the "green alternatives" sprouting up everywhere, I sometimes think that the best way to improve our living spaces is to go for a good long walk and clear our heads.

Front Foyer - After



Thoughts?

1 comment:

Janet said...

Barb,
You may be right, or maybe the 80s and early 90s were just ugly decorating eras. Stop by, I have something for you.
Janet