Thursday, January 31, 2008

A New Use For An Old Door

After much boring discussion about resale values and blah, blah, blah, we decided to keep the guestroom as a guestroom and turn the current construction zone into a great big bedroom.

I brought this old door home this summer, as part of a job lot from the auction.  Didn't really know what I was going to use it for - table top, maybe?

It works nicely in the guestroom as a sort of catchall/decorative piece.

Right now, we're sleeping in there, on a mattress on the floor.  But when the real bed moves back in, I'll attach a shelf at a convenient height.  And then it will be a nightstand, as well.

DSC05705

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun ideas for an old door! I have a few of those laying around myself...

blah said...

Barb! I'm all excited for the weekend and I'm so glad you've posted a few tips already!! thank you :-)

Barb McMahon and Alan Mailloux said...

I try to just collect small things, Melissa, but the doors do tend to sneak in there!

And Felicity, I'm excited, too. And a little nervous....

Anonymous said...

I really like that. Are you on Flickr so I can 'favourite' that image?

Barb McMahon and Alan Mailloux said...

I'm signing up for Flickr soon - I'll let you know when it's up. Thanks for asking!

hildA said...

this is right up my alley, this door deserves pretty surroundings and a long and happy life

Barb McMahon and Alan Mailloux said...

I like that thought!