Monday, February 4, 2008

Home Tours - Anna's Apartment

I've been wanting to start doing home tours, to help show what I think of as a May December Home (it's not just a clever way of letting people know my shop's closed in the winter!).  To me, it's that wonderful mix of old stuff that's showing some signs of wear and the newer pieces that you pick up along the way.

I don't know about you, but to my eyes, a house that's all one thing, whether that be fine antiques, curbside treasures or the best that Ikea has to offer, is just a little dull.  I like a mix - say a freshly-painted room filled with a family heirloom dresser, a comfy chair from your college days, your latest photographs and a bookcase you found at a yard sale.

I love a juxtaposition of old and new, rustic and pretty, worn and fresh.

Our friend Anna moved into the little studio apartment that we fixed up last summer.  We dropped in for a visit a few weeks ago and I thought, "This is exactly what I mean!"  So this morning she very kindly let me in to take some pictures.  Thank you, Anna!

The Foyer

Her entry is defined by a curtain hung on an antique drying rack.

DSC05728

The cupboards that were there, plus a couple of old crates for added storage.  Love the stacks of books!

DSC05722

Cooking and.... jewelry!

Like what you see so far?  I have a few more pictures to show you tomorrow!

If you'd like me to feature your "May December Home", email me and we'll talk!

2 comments:

Tara said...

Loved the tour--I always pick up ideas this way!

Barb McMahon and Alan Mailloux said...

Glad you liked it!