Saturday, May 3, 2008

Apparently, I've Hit The Big Time

I put this off as long as I could, but I've had to enable comment moderation and disallow anonymous comments on this site. 

Oh, yes, I've been spammed....

I'm not fond of comment moderation.  I like to see conversations develop between readers in the comments and that will really be slowed down with the moderation.

And I'm really sorry for the "no anonymous comments" thing.  My niece, Kathleen, holds the land speed record for forgetting passwords, so she's left me some very sweet comments anonymously.

But when it came down to it, I had to ask myself.  Do my readers really want to click here to see busty beauties?

Photo from Benny Yap's flickrstream

 

5 comments:

corine said...

No, by that heaping plate of spam is pretty sexy.

The House That A-M Built said...

Oh ...isn't it devastating. I have to wade through approx 100 spam emails, at the email address for my website, daily. I can't change the email address as it is on all my business cards and it is linked to all my suppliers. I wish they would just go away! A-M xx

Barb McMahon and Alan Mailloux said...

I still don't understand why they do it - it can't make any money and just annoys people.

Thanks for the sympathy!

And yes, Corine, that's a fine pile o' Spam!

Lynn said...

That's a photo of spam? I thought it was really thin French toast! I went with comment moderation from day one and have not regretted it. Yes, it slows down the dialogue, but it also eliminates objectionable language and images. It's *my* blog, and I get to be in charge :)

Barb McMahon and Alan Mailloux said...

Thanks Lynn. Good to hear your experience.

And the photo? Spam! That's been moderated!