Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Walking Through Amsterdam

After the Africa portion of my trip (there will be pictures and stories, I promise!) I had a couple of days in Amsterdam.

It was my first time there and I was utterly charmed.  Well, what's not to love?  There are canals and bridges.

Biicycles  Everywhere!

And it's Spring!

It's Spring!

Water is so soothing to walk beside.  Or ride over...

Boats and bikes.....sigh

And then at the end of the day, I got to return to this hotel room.

UUUUUUUUUGLYYYYYYY!!!!!

2 comments:

pierre l said...

Having been an unreliable reader of "Basically Unemployable", I have just found this blog. What lovely pictures, and how clever you are at interior decoration? I have scrolling down the archives and particularly loved the laundry chute! Sitemeter says I've looked at six pages in 36 minutes, but that's because I was scrolling down -- they were six big pages.
Your Amsterdam pictures are lovely as well.

Tara said...

Barb

What great pics you are posting here...my husband's family is frmo here...13 generations ago! My children are 14th generation New Yorkers...pretty neat, right! The first male of the family came frmo Amsterdam in 1615 to escape the plague! Enjoy your time!