Tuesday, September 25, 2007

If I Were To Keep Them

I picked up these two lovelies at the auction awhile ago, thinking I'd use them for container gardening. But here it is, nearly the end of September and they haven't been planted....

So I've cleaned them up and put them in the shop.
I love the look of them. If I were keeping them, I'd drill a bunch of holes in the tall one, maybe put it on casters and use it as a laundry hamper. I'd need to put a couple coats of oil-based varnish on the inside, to keep rust stains off if anything went in damp.
The oval one would be lovely with towels rolled up in it - storage and display in one. I could either put it on the floor, or hang it on the wall.....
I'm trying to be strong, but it's hard!
We'll be having a Grand Opening party in early November. If the oval one's still in the shop, I'm filling it with ice to keep the bubbly cold...

No comments: